- The period for the “Pago Directo le da más” Drawing (“the Drawing”) held by the Banco Popular de Puerto Rico® (“Banco Popular”) begins on August 30, 2019 and runs through September 30, 2019.
- Those individuals eligible to participate in the Drawing are customers of Premium Banking Services who have a mortgage loan with Banco Popular and are not currently using the Direct Pay service. To check whether you are currently using Direct Pay, please contact the Premium Banking Services Service Center at 787-PREMIUM (787-773-6486) from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. To be eligible for the Drawing, you must be 21 years of age or older and a resident of Puerto Rico, and at the time of the Drawing your mortgage loan must be open and current. That is, to participate in the Drawing, your payments to the mortgage cannot be in arrears and the mortgage loan cannot have been declared a loss by Banco Popular (“Eligible Participant”).
- No purchase is necessary to participate or win. Eligible Participants will receive one entry for each mortgage loan subscribed to the Direct Pay service. You may choose from the following ways to participate:
Contact the Premium Banking Services Service Center at 787-PREMIUM (787-773-6486) to activate the Direct Pay service, then complete and return the signed contract (PM-642) by e-mail to email@example.com or to the following address:
Only activations completed or received by 11:59:59 p.m. (Puerto Rico time zone) on September 30, 2019, will be accepted.
Employees of Banco Popular and employees of advertising, public relations, and promotional agencies who have directly or indirectly taken part in any of the Drawing’s stages will not be eligible to participate.
There will be one (1) electronic drawing, held on October 7, 2019, by the Banco Popular Marketing & Customer Knowledge Division. There will be eleven (11) winners. The prizes are:
- “Direct Pay Gives You More” Drawing
- Banco Popular de Puerto Rico
- Premium Banking Services: Customer Contact Center (714)
- PO Box 362708 San Juan, PR 00936-2708 during the drawing period (August 30, 2019—September 30, 2019).
Taxes and/or fees levied on the prizes on the date of delivery shall be the responsibility of the Drawing winners. Once the prizes are presented, the winners shall be responsible for the taxes consequent to the prizes’ acceptance and/or receipt, and for any other related cost.
Prizes shall be awarded to the customers named on the winning mortgage loan, as determined by the registry of accounts in Banco Popular. One (1) grand prize winner and three (3) alternate winners will be selected at random from the group of entries. All entries submitted via activation of Direct Pay on the individual’s mortgage loan have the same chance of winning. To win, the mortgage loan must meet the requirements described in Paragraph 2; otherwise, the prize may not be awarded or claimed.
The winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail and will have seven (7) days from the date of notification to contact Banco Popular in order to confirm and accept. To coordinate presentation of the prizes (travel certificate and concert tickets), winners must present an official photo ID to the offices of the Marketing & Customer Knowledge Division, 7th Floor, Popular Center Bldg., 209 Avenida Muñoz Rivera, Hato Rey, PR 00919. Personal identification will be required of the winners before awarding the prizes. Prizes are non-transferable, may not be exchanged for cash, and will be awarded only to the principal signatory of the mortgage.
- First Prize: One (1) round-trip ticket for two (2) to Napa Valley, California, for a 4-night stay. Certificate for travel and lodging provided by Condado Travel. Valued at $2,000.
- Ten (10) prizes of two (2) tickets each for the concert to be held on October 25, 2019, at the Coliseo de Puerto Rico.
To coordinate details of the trip and lodgings in Napa Valley, California, with the certificate valued at $2,000, the winner must contact Condado Travel (787-754-7000). The certificate is valid for one year from October 7, 2019. Certain restrictions and Black-out dates apply. The winner may make changes to the travel and lodging package with Condado Travel, but any charge in excess of $2,000 will be the responsibility of the winner.
The award date will be confirmed in the phone call and/or e-mail notifying the winners. Once the authenticity of the entries is verified, prizes will be awarded. The sponsor reserves the right to replace the prize or prizes with another (others) of equal or greater value should the prize(s) offered not be available for some reason, in keeping with applicable rules and regulations.
If necessary, the winner may be asked to accept any reasonable delay in the award of his or her prize. On the date of the award, the winner will be asked to sign a receipt for the prize and a Waiver of Liability in favor of the Bank for any harm or claim that might be occasioned and/or suffered in the enjoyment of his or her prize.
Banco Popular, Condado Travel, the Coliseo de Puerto Rico, their respective affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotional, and public relations agencies shall not be held liable for damage, accidents, or direct, indirect, or consequential losses that may be suffered by the winner, his or her family members or guests, or any other person in the use and enjoyment of the prize. Any obligation to the winner by Banco Popular shall cease, and be completely satisfied, at the moment the prize is awarded.
By participating in this Drawing and accepting the prize, the winner grants to the Banco Popular and its respective advertising, promotional, and public relations agencies the irrevocable right to use the winner’s name, image, personal presentation, and photograph in any advertising medium for an indefinite period of time and in any part of the world, without the winner receiving any additional compensation of any kind.
This Drawing is sponsored by the Banco Popular. Any question or information related to this Drawing should be addressed to Banco Popular de Puerto Rico, Marketing & Customer Knowledge Division (729), PO Box 362708, San Juan, PR 00936-2708, or access popular.com/en/pbs/draw, or by visiting the office of Banco Popular de Puerto Rico, 7th Floor, Suite 703, 209 Ave. Muñoz Rivera, Hato Rey, Puerto Rico.
Banco Popular reserves the absolute right to cancel this Drawing and to modify the rules, the beginning and end date of the Drawing period, and/or the date of the Drawing due to causes beyond its control, subject to state and/ or federal law or applicable regulations.
Banco Popular is not responsible for incomplete or late entries, or for any error, omission, interruption, malfunction, or delay in the transmission of the communication, including electronic communication; technical or mechanical failures or malfunctions; telephone, phone line, or phone system failures or malfunctions; errors in the Official Rules, in any advertisement or announcement or other material related to the Drawing; failures in electronic equipment or computer hardware or software; or inexact information on the entry, whether due to the equipment or programming used in the Drawing, human processing error, or other causes. Banco Popular reserves the absolute right to determine the validity of the entries submitted and to reject them if they do not meet the Drawing’s requirements or if a method not allowed has been used to enter.
This Drawing is valid only in Puerto Rico. It is subject to the laws and regulations of the United States and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico applicable to it. The rules for this Drawing are available at popular.com/en/pbs/draw.
Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
By participating in this Drawing, participants acknowledge their explicit and complete acceptance of the Drawing’s rules.