Club del Ahorro is an account for a father, mother, grandparent(s) or legal guardian(s) who wish to help their kids understand the importance of saving and learning to prepare for a responsible financial future. This account includes benefits such as:
- $0 minimum deposit needed to open account.
- A minimum monthly balance is not required
- Earns interests when the average daily balance in the cycle is equal or greater than $100
- It allows parents, grandparents or legal guardians to transfer money from their accounts to the Club del Ahorro account
Remember, to open a Club del Ahorro account in addition to the documentation for the father, mother, grandparent(s) or legal guardian(s) you will need to bring the following information:
- The minor's Birth Certificate
- The child’s Social Security card
For children up to 17 years of age.
Popular’s websites and online services are not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13) and do not encourage these children to provide their personal information. Consequently, our policy is that we will not knowingly collect personal information provided by children under the age of thirteen (13). If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected such information, we will comply with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), including the deletion of such personal information from our systems. For additional information about COPPA, please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website at:
Characteristics and Fees of the account Club del Ahorro
Open your account today at your nearest branch.
Product offered by Banco Popular de Puerto Rico.