- Open your new Banco Popular account:
- Sign up to Mi Banco Online and verify your account balance, view all your transactions, make payments and transfer funds, receive alerts, and benefit from our innovative services:
- Mi Banco Mobile App: The most complete service to make bank transactions from your smartphone or iPad®.
- Easy Deposit: Deposit your checks and cash 24/7, in ATMs or through Mi Banco Mobile app.
- ATH Móvil: Transfer money safely between accounts or to another person, with just having their mobile number.
Learn more about Mi Banco
- Switch your automatic payments and direct deposits to your new Banco Popular account. Print out and complete the following forms and send them to the institutions that debit and credit your previous account.
Notice of Change for Direct Deposit Please check with your current employer before submitting this form. Many companies have their own direct deposit form.
If you would like to switch your Social Security payments, it is not necessary to send a letter. You can make changes by calling the Social Security Administration at 1.800.772.1213 (TTY 1.800.325.0778) or go to www.ssa.gov/deposit/howtosign.htm
Notice of Change for Automatic Payments
- Close your actual bank account(s) after switching all of your direct deposits and automatic payments to Banco Popular, and all of your outstanding checks have been cleared. Please use the Account Closing Letter to notify your former financial institution to close your account and to send you a check with your remaining balance.
If you need assistance, call us anytime at 787.724.3659 or toll-free at 1.888.724.3659 and we will gladly assist you with the process.