Who we are
|Who is providing this notice?
||Popular, Inc. and its affiliates (see definition below).
What we do
|How does Popular, Inc. protect my personal information?
||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards, secured files and buildings.
Also, we limit access only to those employees who need it in order to provide products and services, or to comply with local and federal regulations.
|How does Popular, Inc. collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example when you:
• open an account or apply for a loan
• apply for financing or purchase securities from us
• apply for insurance
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?
||Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
• sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
• affiliates from using your information to market to you
• sharing for non affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
|What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
||Your choice(s) will apply to everyone on your account - unless you tell us otherwise.
||Affiliates Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non financial companies.
• Our affiliates include companies with Popular, Inc., financial companies such as Banco Popular, Popular Auto, Popular Securities, Popular Insurance, eloan, Inc., Popular Risk Services, Popular Insurance Agency USA, and Banco Popular North America, operating under the assumed name of Popular Bank.
||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non financial companies.
• Popular, Inc. does not share with non affiliates. As a result, they cannot market to you.
||A formal agreement between non affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
• Our joint marketing partners include: Direct marketing, telemarketing, and insurance companies.
|Other important information
You may have other privacy protections under applicable state laws. To the extent these state laws apply, we will comply with them when we share information about you.
California Residents - Your state law requires financial institutions to obtain your consent prior to sharing information about you with non affiliated parties. We will limit sharing among our companies to the extent required by California Law.
Vermont Residents - We do not share information we collect about you with non affiliated third parties, except as permitted by Vermont law, such as to process your transactions or maintain your account with your consent. In addition, we will not share information about your creditworthiness with our affiliates, except with your authorization, but we may share information about our transactions or experience with you with our affiliates without your consent.
Nevada Residents - Pursuant to Nevada law, if you prefer not to receive marketing calls from us, you may be placed on our internal Do Not Call list by calling 1-844-294-2576.
You may also contact the Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 100 N. Carson, Carson City, Nevada 89701; phone number 702-486-3132; http://ag.nv.gov.